A ductless mini split can be a great cooling solution when a system with ducts is not a good option. This solution also allows greater control of which areas are cooled, providing greater efficiency from the system. The costs of installing and running a ductless mini split are also typically much less than a traditional system with ducts.
How To Maintain A Ductless Mini Split System
Ductless mini split maintenance is important to preserve the efficiency of the system, as well as to ensure that the unit operates well for a long life span. Here are some of the basic maintenance tasks that should be part of your routine:
- Clean the primary filters. These should be checked monthly until you determine how often they need cleaning. Cleaning requirements can range from once a month to once a year, depending on environmental factors.
- IAQ components will need to be removed from the unit, cleaned and replaced.
- The evaporator coils should be cleaned when they get dirty. This may only happen every couple of years, but they should be checked at least annually for any buildup that needs to be cleared away.
- The fan wheel's balance should be checked. If it is out of balance, it will need to be adjusted to be balanced and operating at top efficiency. The blower assembly should also be checked for balance and adjusted if it is not properly balanced.
- The refrigerant lines of the condensing unit, as well as the insulation wraps, should be inspected for any cracks or signs that they need to be repaired, cleaned or replaced. The base mount should be checked that it is still solidly mounted.
- The outdoor portion of the mini split should be checked as well to make sure that it is clean, not damaged and working properly.
Regular ductless mini split maintenance will help keep your unit functioning correctly for the longest time possible, as well as keep the efficiency high and your utility bill down.
For more help with ductless mini split maintenance and other questions you might have regarding home comfort in the Chicago, northwest Indiana or southwest Michigan areas, contact Comfort24-7.com today, and we'll be happy to help.